In March, we announced that we were shifting to remote work to prioritize the health and safety of our program participants, volunteers, and staff. Given the nature of our programs and outreach, we understood this would be an adjustment, but moved forward resolute in our commitment to the rich history of our organization.
When embarking on this new journey, we outlined our commitment to several strategies. In the coming weeks, we will announce new partnerships and initiatives, so we are taking a moment to discuss how we met each of these commitments, and thank you for supporting us to this point.
- We are amplifying the voices of our program participants in our ongoing After Anytown and ILI Alumni spotlight series.
- Our programs continue to thrive in their new virtual format. Many of you are familiar with our new community conversation series in which we addressed timely topics with trusted community leaders and partners.
- Our board member, Jahaziel Hiriart, discussed ways educators can create more inclusive learning environments and Different and the Same is accessible for teachers and parents here. More SEL resources here.
- We are offering the Inclusive Leadership Institute in a virtual format this so that DEI-centered professional development can continue during this time.
- We are challenging high school students to think critically about visionary leaders and the state.
While decided to postpone Anytown until 2021, we are excited to facilitate the Youth Leadership and Race forum this fall in a virtual format. We are honored to create space for young people to have meaningful conversations about race relations in the United States, the legacy of Blackness in our community, and their power to advocate for change for themselves and those around them.
Our Annual Awards will take place as scheduled, albeit in a new format. We are excited to honor Governor Brad and Kim Henry in Oklahoma City, and frontline workers in Tulsa. The Board of Directors and staff are equally looking forward to gathering safely in a virtual format to celebrate our honorees.
None of this would be possible without the endless support of our Board of Directors, partners, donors, and community.
We are grateful for your messages, donations, and raised hands to join us as volunteers.