Developing Inclusive Leaders for Our Community
“ILI was such an outstanding learning experience; even if you think you know a great deal about inclusion and leadership, I assure you that you’ll learn even more! Always ask, whose voice is not being heard?”
– Ken Randall, PT, Ph.D., MHR, Associate Dean, OU-Tulsa
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
The Spring 2023 class will be held on the following dates from 9:00am - 4:30pm:
- March 1
- March 15
- March 29
*Attendance will be required at all three sessions, with exceptions due to emergencies.
If you are interested in an advanced waitlist for Fall 2023, please contact Victoria Dangtoumda-von Atzigen via email at VDangtoumda@occjok.org
ILI approaches diversity and leadership issues from a no-fault, interactive foundation with the goal of affecting positive change. Throughout the program, ILI emphasizes the six characteristics of inclusive leadership as identified through research by Deloitte. These characteristics include commitment, courage, cognizance of bias, curiosity, cultural intelligence, and collaboration.
Each cohort is selected through a competitive application process. For Spring 2023, OCCJ will accept 30 individuals to the Inclusive Leadership Institute.
- Increased capacity for the six characteristics of inclusive leadership.
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity in personal and professional settings.
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- More well-rounded leaders that can operate from an inclusive perspective.
- Employees with an increased understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organization leadership skills and a vision for the future.
Participants of the Inclusive Leadership Institute are from various corporate, non-profit, governmental, and community organizations. This leadership training develops Oklahoma professionals into skilled leaders with the knowledge and tools necessary to create inclusive workplaces and communities. The program is open to applicants who are interested in using their skills to make a difference.
Application Process for Spring 2023
- Submit the application and ONE letter of recommendation* by February 17, 2023
- A committee will review all applications and select 30 candidates to participate
- Applicants will be notified of selections on a rolling basis beginning February 6, 2023
- Payment must be received by March 3, 2023
- At least two years of work experience in your current workplace or five years of previous professional work experience
- Previous professional and/or volunteer leadership experience
- Able to attend the virtual Institute in its entirety*
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Willing and able to self-reflect and work with others
- Completion of pre- and post-survey
*Participants can miss up to 3 hours of programming with advanced notice or due to emergency
The cost of participating in ILI is $600.
Scholarships are available to cover up to 50% of the program fee for eligible participants. Participants may request scholarship assistance when they apply for the institute.