Developing Inclusive Leaders for Our Community
“ILI was such an outstanding learning experience; even if you think you know a great deal about inclusion and leadership, I assure you that you’ll learn even more! Always ask, whose voice is not being heard?”
– Ken Randall, PT, Ph.D., MHR, Associate Dean, OU-Tulsa
Spring 2024 applications are open!
Applications for the Spring 2024 ILI program are open. If you have any questions about the application, please email Victoria Dangtoumda-von Atzigen at VDangtoumda@occjok.org.
The Spring 2024 class will be held on the following dates from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm:
- Wednesday, March 6 2024
- Wednesday, March 20 2024
- Wednesday, April 3 2024
Important dates and deadlines:
- Submit the application and ONE letter of recommendation* by February 29th, 2024
- A committee will review all applications and select 30 candidates to participate
- Applicants will be notified of selections on a rolling basis starting February 29th, 2024
- Applicants must accept the invitation to participate by the date specified in the acceptance email
- Payment must be received by March 8th, 2024
- Join our e-newsletter to be the first to hear about additional updates, and thank you for your interest in ILI!
*Attendance will be required at all three sessions, with exceptions due to emergencies.
Please note that the application can be saved and completed at the applicant's own pace. To do this, please scroll to the very bottom of the embedded form, click "SAVE," and follow the pop-up instructions.
Each cohort is selected through a competitive application process. For Spring 2024, OCCJ will accept 30 individuals to the Inclusive Leadership Institute.
- Increased capacity for the six characteristics of inclusive leadership.
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity in personal and professional settings.
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- More well-rounded leaders that can operate from an inclusive perspective.
- Employees with an increased understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organization leadership skills and a vision for the future.
Structure and Purpose
ILI approaches diversity and leadership issues from a no-fault, interactive foundation with the goal of affecting positive change. Throughout the program, ILI emphasizes the six characteristics of inclusive leadership as identified through research by Deloitte. These characteristics include commitment, courage, cognizance of bias, curiosity, cultural intelligence, and collaboration.
The ILI program consists of three immersive sessions. Attendance is expected at all sessions.** Program days will consist of seminars, personal reflection, presentations by Oklahoma Center for Community & Justice (OCCJ) staff, and in-depth facilitated group activities and discussion.
This program will meet 100% virtually via Zoom.
**Participants can miss up to three hours of programming with advance notice or due to an emergency, and still graduate from the Inclusive Leadership Institute. In the event of an extended absence, participants can still attend, but will not receive the full benefits of the institute.
Fall 2024 ILI applications are closed
Applications for the Fall 2024 ILI program are closed. If you have any questions about the application, please email Victoria Dangtoumda-von Atzigen at VDangtoumda@occjok.org. If you would like to be added to the waitlist for the Fall 2024 ILI program, please also email Victoria Dangtoumda-von Atzigen.
The Fall 2024 class will be held on the following dates from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm:
- Tuesday, October 1st 2024
- Tuesday, October 15th 2024
- Tuesday, October 29th 2024
Tuition & Payment
Tuition for each participant of ILI is $600. Applicants may be sponsored by their employers, or with agreement from their employer, may sponsor themselves. If you are accepted into ILI, you and/or your employer will be invoiced accordingly. Payment is due immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
Payments for ILI may be made online here.
Participants of the Inclusive Leadership Institute are from various corporate, non-profit, governmental, and community organizations. This leadership training develops Oklahoma professionals into skilled leaders with the knowledge and tools necessary to create inclusive workplaces and communities. The program is open to applicants who are interested in using their skills to make a difference.
- At least two years of work experience in your current workplace or five years of previous professional work experience
- Previous professional and/or volunteer leadership experience
- Able to attend the virtual Institute in its entirety*
- Willing and able to self-reflect and work with others
- Completion of pre- and post-survey
*Participants can miss up to 3 hours of programming with advanced notice or due to emergency
The cost of participating in ILI is $600.
Scholarships are available to cover up to 50% of the program fee for eligible participants. Participants may request scholarship assistance when they apply for the institute.