Developing Inclusive Leaders for Our Community
“ILI was such an outstanding learning experience; even if you think you know a great deal about inclusion and leadership, I assure you that you’ll learn even more! Always ask, whose voice is not being heard?”
– Ken Randall, PT, Ph.D., MHR, Associate Dean, OU-Tulsa
Participants of the Inclusive Leadership Institute are from various corporate, non-profit, governmental, and community organizations. This leadership training develops Oklahoma professionals into skilled leaders with the knowledge and tools necessary to create inclusive workplaces and communities. The program is open to applicants who are interested in using their skills to make a difference.
ILI approaches diversity and leadership issues from a no-fault, interactive foundation with the goal of affecting positive change. Throughout the program, ILI emphasizes the six characteristics of inclusive leadership as identified through research by Deloitte. These characteristics include commitment, courage, cognizance of bias, curiosity, cultural intelligence, and collaboration.
- Participants will build their capacity for the six characteristics of inclusive leadership.
- A tool kit for addressing issues of diversity in personal and professional settings.
- An ability to be an advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- More well-rounded leaders that can operate from an inclusive perspective.
- Employees with an increased understanding of the connection between inclusion and organizational success.
- Employees with enhanced organization leadership skills and a vision for the future.
Application & Selection Process
Each cohort is selected through a competitive application process. For Spring 2021, OCCJ will accept 30 individuals to the Inclusive Leadership Institute.
- Applications open February 5, 2021
- Submit the online application and one letter of recommendation by March 5, 2021
- Applicants will be notified of selections by March 9, 2021
- Applicants must accept the invitation to participate by March 12, 2021
- Payment must be received by Friday, April 9, 2021 (The cost to attend is $600. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.)
- Two years of work experience in your current workplace or five years of previous professional work experience
- Demonstrated professional or volunteer leadership experience
- The ability to attend the institute in its entirety*
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
*Please see the attendance policy below.
The ILI program consists of three immersive sessions. Attendance is expected at all sessions.** Program days will consist of seminars, personal reflection, presentations by Oklahoma Center for Community & Justice (OCCJ) staff, and in-depth facilitated group activities and discussion.
This program will meet 100% virtually via Zoom.
**Participants can miss up to three hours of programming with advance notice or due to an emergency, and still graduate from the Inclusive Leadership Institute. In the event of an extended absence, participants can still attend, but will not receive the full benefits of the institute.
Tuition & Payment
Tuition for each participant of ILI is $600. Applicants may be sponsored by their employers, or with agreement from their employer, may sponsor themselves. If you are accepted into ILI, you and/or your employer will be invoiced accordingly. Payment is due immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
Payments for ILI may be made online here.
Scholarships are available to cover up to 50% of the program fee for eligible participants. Participants may request scholarship assistance when they apply for the institute.